Easy and Simple Ways to Keep Your Face Healthy
Your face is probably one of your most prized possession when it comes to looking good and feeling great. But apart from being our “frontline” when we go about our everyday lives, our face can also suffer more damage that we could ever imagine.
Imagine each day that goes by when we abuse our face and the skin on it. From putting on make-up or shaving to going out under the sun without any skin protection. You name it, our face has probably experienced it firsthand and in a traumatic way. It is up to us to help our face maintain its skin condition and health.
We need to pay more particular attention to our facial skin before it is too late. It is better to improve facial skin care as early as possible. When we start to grow older the more we need to up our skin care because it will need us more than ever.
Powerful Face Masks
Improving the look of your facial skin does not need to involve a trip to your doctor. In fact, you do not even need to spend a lot of money in therapies or skin products just to keep a proper and healthy skin care regime. You can do it all within the comforts of your home and with ingredients that are cheap and easily bought. Some may even be present in your house’s pantry.
Start to improve your skin by following these simple recipes that can give you your very own homemade and all natural facial skin masks. These powerful ingredients, when combined together can give you radical results. Written below are some examples of simple yet effective homemade facial masks.
Lemon is jam packed with rich vitamins and nutrients that can help revitalize your skin. In addition, lemon is a good source of antioxidant and can exfoliate and moisturize your skin all at the same time. If combined with other ingredients can create an amazing and healthy facial mask. Some examples of facial mask recipes and its effects are as follows:
Oil and lemon
- Mix ¼ cup of either olive oil or almond oil with the juice of 1 whole lemon.
- Apply it on your face and wait for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
- Using this combination will help your skin regain its elasticity and keep it well moisturized.
Egg and lemon
- Blend 1 tablespoon of lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of egg white.
- Apply it on your face and wait for it to completely dry before washing it off with warm water.
- This mixture will improve your skin by making it even out its blemishes, clear blackheads and reduce pores.
Yogurt and lemon
- Combine 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt.
- Using your fingertips, spread it evenly around your face and neck and let it stay there for 15 minutes before you rinse it off using cold water.
- Use this recipe to lessen your facial skin impurities and making it a deep cleanser that can also get rid of excess oil and dead skin.
Cucumbers does not only give a revitalizing boost to your face but it also nourishes it. It also has very potent antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents that help improve facial skin conditions. Start off by making a cucumber into a pureed form and follow the recipes below.
Oatmeal, Honey and Cucumber
- Mix ½ of the pureed cucumber with 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of oatmeal.
- Apply on the face and wait for 10-15 minutes before you wash t off with warm water.
- This will help your face regain its elasticity and remove excess oils and blemishes.
Yogurt and Cucumber
- Add 1 small cucumber (pureed) with 1 tablespoon of unflavored, plain yogurt and mix them together.
- Using this mixture will allow your facial skin to be nourished. It works best on dry skin as well.
Aloe Vera, Lemon and Cucumber
- Start by collecting ½ of the cucumber puree and mix it with 1 tablespoon of aloe vera pulp and ½ tablespoon of lemon.
- Once applied on your face, let it rest for about 15 minutes before removing it using cold water.
- Choosing to go with this face mask will lessen your chance of having facial wrinkles, fine lines and it will also even out the discoloration of your skin.
Aloe Vera has natural moisturizing powers that can be applied to a lot of areas on your body. This includes your facial skin. When combined with other ingredients, it makes a great moisturizing and rejuvenating mask. Here are two interesting recipes for an aloe vera mask.
Turmeric and Aloe Vera
- Begin my incorporating 1 tablespoon of Turmeric with 1 tablespoon of aloe vera until they are fully combined.
- Apply it on your face and wait for 10 minutes before removing it with warm water.
- This mask will help your skin care by being great antioxidants that deeply cleans your pores. It also removes dead skin cells, makes skin smoother and free from acne and blemishes.
Egg White and Aloe Vera
- Make a mask by combining 2 tablespoons of aloe vera and 1 tablespoon of egg white.
- This mask will hydrate your skin at the same time keep it elastic and more potent to collagen synthesis.
Using plain flavored yogurt as a facial mask can give your skin additional health boost. So instead of consuming it, why not try these two examples of face masks?
Mint and Yogurt
- This will allow your facial skin to reduce acne formation, excess oil, dry and dead skin and can hydrate, and clarify it at the same time.
- Mix a tablespoon of yogurt with 1 teaspoon of mint paste or powder.
- Use the thick paste and cover your face with it for 15-20 minutes before remove g it using lukewarm water.
Orange, Aloe Vera and Yogurt
- Get 1 teaspoon of yogurt, ¼ juice from an orange (include the pulp bits as well) and 1 teaspoon f aloe vera and incorporate them all together.
- Once applied on your face, wait for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- This mask will revitalize your skin and give its elastic properties a good boost. With the help of orange, it will also give out much needed vitamins and minerals that your skin will need in order to stay healthy and firm.
These are just some of the famous and cheap ways you can make your homemade, organic face mask without having to go to a dermatologist or buy expensive facial care products. In addition, since the ingredients are all natural, your skin will have a lesser chance of having allergic reactions towards the mask you will apply on it.
Naturally Help Your Facial Skin
Aside from having your own personal organic facial masks, you also need to consider how you go about your daily lives and how it affects your skin care. You need to make an effort to adjust accordingly and try to avoid these health hazards as much as possible. There are three major factors that you need to consider in order to improve your skin and keep it healthy and these factors ca make or break your regime as well.
Environmental factors are probably one of the most unavoidable issues when dealing with skin care. Although they are unavoidable, we can still do something to at least lessen its effect on our facial skin care routine.
Know Your Water
The water that you use to clean your face can affect how it stays healthy. There are different types of water that you can get from the faucet. Examples of these would be alkaline, soft, hard and many more. Knowing the type of water will allow you to choose the right facial care product and facial care for your skin.
Be Cautious of Air Quality
This is a very tricky factor that you need to consider. Air can either revitalize tour skin or ruin it, depending on its content. If you are exposed too much with air pollution such as smoke from vehicles, cigarettes and the likes, then your skin is in danger of becoming unhealthy.
Be Vigilant of Indoor UV Exposure
Be mindful that even if you are indoors, it does not mean that you cannot be exposed to the UV rays of the sun. Those UV rays can easily pass through your glass window, especially if these are not UV protection coated. So make sure to lessen your exposure close to the windows.
Know What You Consume
What we consume includes drinks, food and even medications. These can be easily pinpointed and we can keep a tab on the things that can cause our facial skin to have issues once we ingest a particular produce or medicine.
Shift to Green Tea
Try to swap your daily dose of coffee or energy drink with a cup of green tea. This particular beverage can work wonders for your skin because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect. In addition, iced green tea is a better option because it will lessen the possible reddening of the skin when consumed hot. Drinking green tea will prevent the destruction of collagen in your body and at the same time will lessen wrinkles and skin damages.
Dairy Product Reduction
There are scientific studies that suggests that the hormonal content of milk can cause and increase in acne production. In addition, each milk type can affect your skin in different ways as well. For example, skim milk can worsen your acne problems as compared to regular whole milk. So try to observe more closely how your skin will react when you drink milk.
Know What is In Your Medication
Certain medications has their respective side effects towards our body. These side effects also includes issues regarding our facial skin. So if you are going to take a certain medication, read beforehand and research if it will cause any effect on your skin.
Knowing the things that can hurt or harm your face is one of the keys in keeping your skin healthy and blemish free. Although there are a lot of products that you need for everyday use that may harm your face’s skin, there are other alternatives that you can consider to avoid further skin damages.
Lessen Your Stress
Stress can greatly affect you and your health and can deal major damage to your body as well. If you want to improve your skin, you need to steer away from stressors that you know you can easily avoid if you want to.
Use Plain Toothpaste
Using other flavored toothpastes can create your so called “perioral dermatitis.” These are like small reddish bumps found around your mouth that is like small pimples. Sometimes your skin is too sensitive that it can easily react to components of your toothpaste.
Proper Cleaner Care
Cleansers are usually included in our daily facial skin care regime. But you need to pay particular attention as to what type of skin care best fits your skin. Remember that there are different types of skin and each type has specific products that works best for it.
Use Water Based Hair Products
Similar to how toothpaste might affect your facial skin, hair care products can also create the same effect. These include hair gels, shampoo, pomades, volumizers, conditioners and many more. If they are not water based, they can clog up your skin’s pores or aid in increasing excess oil production.
Get Enough Sleep
Nothing beats a good night’s rest when you want to revitalize your whole body. Once we go to sleep our body’s natural skin replenishing mechanism goes into action and it needs a good amount of time in order to fully complete its task. So better get those well-deserved Z’s and help you skin get revitalized.
Being able to create a homemade remedy and maintenance in order to improve facial skin is a good start to having a better and more effective skin care regime. But you should not forget that other factors can also aggravate skin issues when you are not paying particular attention to it. Always remember that when it comes to your health and your body, you need to think of your approach towards a healthier you in a holistic way. You should not only focus on what you ingest or put on your face but also adjust your lifestyle and how you go about your daily lives. By doing these you can assure yourself of a better and effective health system that you will definitely be proud of its end result.