Detoxing Your Body Using Healthy and Readily Available Home Ingredients
Having to create a healthier and nutritious diet needs a holistic approach. By doing so, you can assure that you will experience the ultimate healthy experience. Being healthy in all aspects is your number one goal. That is why you need to also think of everything you ingest. This includes what you drink as well.
Keeping a close watch of what you drink is as important as being meticulous of what you eat. In fact, you need to be more particular with what you drink because your drink twice as much as you eat. So whatever you drink will greatly affect how your diet will go. What better way to help your diet than to make your drinking regime healthier as well.
The Best Detox Recipe
Now let’s do a more detailed step by step approach to this detox drink so that you can know why you need these ingredients. You will also get to understand what these ingredients can do to your body and how it is affected by them. Finally, we will also get to have an overall view of the health benefits and results of each item in the drink.
1.) 100 grams of cucumber
Cucumbers are always a hit when it comes to detox water and now even in regular water. This is due to these following health benefits:
- It consists of effective rehydrating agents.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- It relieves your body of heart burns and keeps you refreshed.
- Nourishes your body with Vitamins such as Vitamin A, B and C. It gives your body and immunity boost and keeps your body energized and radiant.
- Lowers your body’s uric acid level which keeps your kidneys in shape.
- It reduces the bad cholesterols of your body.
2.) 1 Whole Lemon
Adding a good amount of lemon in your drink can greatly boost its detoxifying effect. Here are its perks when consumed:
- Lemon juices helps cleanse and alkalize your body.
- It has natural nourishing benefits that can be seen in several Vitamins and Minerals. These includes the likes of Vitamin C, B6, A, E, folate, niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, protein and many more.
- It contains flavonoids which contains antioxidants that fight against cancer causing cells.
- It helps prevents diabetes, high blood pressure, indigestion and many more health ailments.
- It promotes weight loss.
- It increases skin, hair and nail care.
3.) A little bit of ginger
This strong smelling yet effective root crop has very potent detoxifying agents and can help you become healthier. Listed below are just some of its interesting benefits:
- It cleanses your system and aids in proper and effective digestion.
- Helps fight against common illnesses like flu, indigestion, common cold and many more.
- It has an anti-inflammatory effect that is accompanied by antioxidant properties as well.
- Effective remedy against exercise-induced muscle pain, Osteoarthritis because of its anti-inflammatory factor.
- Can greatly decrease the chance of having high blood pressure, sugar level and other heart diseases.
- Can lower your body’s LDL (low density lipoprotein) level which is also known as the “bad cholesterol” which causes most of heart diseases.
- Contains a substance called “6-gingerol” that protects your body against cancerous agents.
- Helps body fight against several kinds of infection.
- Is known as one of the “Super Food” that has abundant health benefits.
4.) A little bit of basil and mint
You can choose between two healthy herbs to add a little bit of kick into your drink. Basil gives off a sweet taste to your detox juice and mint provides a fresh and relaxing taste to your pallet. You can choose one or just put both for more additional health benefits which includes the following:
- Is known as the “Queen of Herbs” due to its numerous health benefits.
- Works wonders for the skin due to its antics tic properties.
- Keeps your hair healthy and strong
- A great alternative cure for different kinds of diseases from the most common like fever to the most complex like cancer.
- Fresh basil is rich in anti-oxidants due to its polyphenolic flavonoid content namely vicenin and orientin.
- Cures several stomach problems such as aches, cramps and even some stomach diseases.
- Prevents respiratory diseases such as asthma, bronchitis and influenza due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Aids in digestion and helps your stomach to regulate its function.
- Helps stop headache and nausea due to its aroma.
- Prevents respiratory diseases such as asthma, congestion and the likes.
- Stimulates the digestive system and increases food absorption that aids in faster weight loss.
- It is a natural stimulant that can fight against depression and fatigue.
- Prevents the body to have severe allergic reactions.
- Gives your body a natural cooling and relaxing effect.
5.) 100 ml water
Consuming a large amount of water has a lot of health benefits that you can use to become healthier and illness free. The more you drink and consume the better the effect it will give your body. You can never get too much of water. Furthermore, it is best to consume as much as you possibly can as often as you can as well. Aside from rehydration, there are several health benefits that we can get from drinking water:
- It helps your body burn more calories which is known as the “resting energy expenditure”.
- It can reduce your appetite if your drink before, in between and even after your meals which results in lower caloric intake.
- By replacing sweetened drinks with water, you reduce the risk of your body from being diabetic and obese.
- It is 100% calorie free.
Now that you know what each ingredient is for and how your body will benefit from it, it’s now time to make your drink. This healthy detox drink is not only for adults but as well as kids and elderlies. The good thing about this drink is that it can be consumed by anyone at any age range. Because it is organic and all-natural, it is extremely safe for anyone to drink. Here are five simple steps that you need to follow to create this powerful and effective detox drink:
- Put your water into a pitcher or container that can accommodate all the ingredients.
- Cut cucumber about one centimeter thick and put it in the pitcher.
- Thinly slice your lemon or squeeze its juice and add it to your pitcher.
- Start with just a small amount of ginger by either cutting it in very thin slices or by grating it. Taste the mixture first before adding more if necessary. Just put enough ginger that you can tolerate.
- Finish off your drink by adding a few pieces of basil or mint leaves (or even both).
For the times that you need to drink this detox juice, you can do it either in the evening before going to bed or in the morning when you wake up. The reason for it is because first, drinking the mixture at night will help your body to burn your fats faster overnight even if you are sleeping. As for the morning regime, drinking the detox juice can cleanse your body the natural way before you can consume anything else for the whole day.
Why Choose the Lemon, Ginger, Cucumber Drink with Basil and Mint?
There are a lot of other effective detox juices, liquids, shakes that has healthy and effective ingredients in them. But this particular recipe for “Lemon, Ginger, Cucumber drink with Basil and Mint” is the best that you can make.
I believe that being healthy and staying healthy should not deprive you of what you love to eat or what you prefer to consume. Instead of juicing up with other veggies or fruits that you are not familiar with or that you are not a fan of, why not go with a simple yet effective recipe that you are familiar with its contents? It not only give you the same benefits as other detox juices but its contents is readily available and easily attainable.
You do not need to have a fancy recipe with expensive ingredients just to stay healthy. What’s more, you should not deprive yourself from the enjoyment of drinking it as well. Using a simple yet effective recipe with low cost and readily available ingredients is far more economical and practical if you ask me. Because as long as you are able to work your way in making this drinking habit a daily routine, you are well on your way in reaching your goal of becoming a healthier and toxin free version of yourself.