Boosting Your Beauty Routine with the Help of Coffee
One of the many beneficial health drinks that modern medicine suggests us to drink is coffee and they have very good reason indeed. Not only is it a good antioxidant, it can also lower the risks of several health issues and can even prevent certain diseases or illnesses from happening.
No wonder there are so many alternative products that have branched out from coffee and used for several health and beauty regimes. From supplements to essential oil scents, coffee has been a great and strong contender especially when it comes to beauty.
In general, there are three major functions that coffee is well known for. First is its ability to produce a ton of anti-oxidants that can aid in rejuvenating, replenishing and revitalizing each and every part of our body. The second is its ability to promote a better circulatory blood flow. This means that improved blood flow will enable a better and smoother transition and distribution of much needed nutrients and minerals found in our blood.
Finally, coffee can be a very versatile component that can aid in dozens of health issues. It can even be used as a beauty component. It is safe to say that coffee can aid us in so many ways from keeping us from aging too fast to supplying our body with much needed vitamins and nutrients. These healthy factors can also be seen when coffee is applied topically to our skin.
Health Benefits From Coffee
If you want to make your skin firm, fresh and smooth, then you can pick coffee as a major ingredient for your homemade beauty remedies. Of course, once you plan to use coffee as a beauty ingredient, you need to know what you will benefit from. Here are examples of the possible health benefits that our skin can gain from coffee:
a. Prevents Inflammation
Coffee is packed with several components that when combined can help alleviate and even prevent skin inflammation form happening. These so called “anti-inflammatory components” include the antioxidant polyphenol and hydrocinnamic acid. This is a great remedy for those who suffer from acne and pimple outbreaks or even those that have reddish and inflamed skin.
b. Natural Cellulite Eraser
Coffee has been ranked as one of the top contenders for an effective natural method for removing cellulites. This can be attained through the coffees ability to promote better blood flow, and effective break down of fats. Since cellulites are formed with protruding excess fatty layer beneath the skin, coffee will be able to diminish it and make the affected are smoother evenly leveled once again.
c. Jam Packed with Antioxidants
Coffee is known to have antioxidants that are powerful enough to fight off free radicals that can harm our body. “Polyphenols” is an antioxidant that can also be found in teas, berries, chocolates and even wine. It is responsible for giving these foods their bright and vibrant colors, their capability to fight off free radicals and even slow down the body’s aging process by treating DNA damage.
d. Puffy Face Goodbye
One major health benefit of coffee is its diuretic property found in a compound called methylxanthine. Its diuretic effect can aid in preventing the swelling of tissues due to excessive fluid retention. This phenomenon is more commonly known as edema.
e. Effectively Exfoliates
The physical nature of coffee, especially the finely ground ones, are coarse and granulated. This texture is best for exfoliating your skin without the risk of overdoing it and causing skin damage. Being finely coarse, coffee will be able to get rid of dead skin cells, promote better blood flow and even stimulate lymph drainage. By doing so, we will benefit with a result of glowing and toxin free facial skin.
f. Makes Your Skin Glow
Another quality of coffee that is known to be the cause of its effectivity when topically applied is its ability to actually be absorbed by our skin in a short span of time. This means that when you apply it on your face, your skin will be able to absorb the antioxidants that can rejuvenate your tired and dull skin and replenish it with much needed nutrients through your pores. It will also promote better circulation which will yield to a brighter skin complexion.
g. “Panda Eyes” Problem Solver
“Panda eyes” is the slang name of the dark discoloration that can be found either around or under our eyes. This is due to the stagnation of blood that rests in that particular area. It basically means that there is very poor blood circulation around the eye area making the blood stay there and accumulate which forms the dark spots. Coffee has the ability to enhance and promote better blood circulation. Just make sure that when you apply it to the skin, do it early in the morning. Since coffee can be absorbed by the skin and have the similar “awake” effect even if applied topically, it can affect your sleep when you apply it at night time.
DIY Coffee “Beauty Tools”
Each beauty problem has its corresponding beauty regime. This principle also apples when you are using coffee. Combining coffee with the right ingredients can yield several effective, natural and easy home remedies that you can use to keep your face glowing, smooth, rejuvenated and looking fresh and young all day long.
Age-Defying Beauty Mask
Use this simple yet effective facial mask recipe to keep your facial skin looking young and vibrant.
- Combine one table spoon of ground coffee, cacao powder, coconut milk and raw honey all together in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture to your face after you have thoroughly cleaned it.
- Let it rest for a good 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off using warm water.
Bright and Soft Skin Coffee Scrub
If you are worried about those “Panda eyes” and would want to remove them the natural way, then you can try this scrub recipe:
- Combine three tablespoons of ground coffee, one tablespoon of coconut palm sugar, one tablespoon of olive or jojoba oil and one to two drops of fresh lemon juice in one container.
- You can also add in a few drops of your desired essential oil scent.
- Massage this mixture on your face using gentle circular motion for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rinse afterwards using warm water.
- Make sure to do this in the morning so as not to interrupt your sleep pattern due to the “awake” effect of coffee.
Anti Inflammatory and Smoother Skin Face Mask
If you are suffering from dry, inflamed, acne prone or irritated skin, you can use these simple face masks and help your skin to become moisturized and rejuvenated once again.
a. Olive Oil and Coffee
This combination works best for facial skin that is dry and irritated.
- Take two tablespoons of coffee and two tablespoons of olive oil and mix together.
- Use this mixture and apply it to your face like a mask for 15 to 20 minutes or until the mask is fully dry.
- Remove afterwards with cold water.
b. Cocoa and Coffee
If your skin is prone to acne formation or is dry, create this simple face mask. Use it to rehydrate your skin, remove inflammation, reverse the signs of aging and prevent fine lines along the way.
- Take equal amounts of cocoa and coffee and combine them together using milk until you create a paste like mixture.
- Apply this to your face and wait until it is semi-dry.
- Wash it off with warm water.
c. Oatmeal and Coffee
This face mask is best used for people who suffer from sensitive skin. It can also be used if your want to remove dead skin cells and deeply cleanse your face. Using this mask will prevent fine lines formation and reduce blemishes.
- Mix one tablespoon of oatmeal and one tablespoon of coffee with just enough honey to make a thick paste mixture.
- Spread this mixture all over your face and massage it using gentle circular motion for a good 2 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water once done.
d. Honey and Coffee
This is the safest type of mask that can be used for all types of skin. It will not only help you moisturize your skin but also prevent blemishes. It also hydrates and moisturizes your skin and reduce acne scars.
- Combine two tablespoons of coffee, half a pinch of turmeric and honey and create a paste.
- Apply this on your face and wait for it to dry completely.
- Rinse off afterwards using cold water.
Puff-be-gone Coffee Mask
If you happen to wake up one day and notice that your face is a bit swollen you need not to fear. You can reduce the fluid retention in your face using this simple face mask tips.
- Mix two tablespoons of finely ground coffee, four tablespoons of coconut oil and one tablespoon of raw honey. Make a paste out of it.
- Apply it all over the affected are and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water and pat dry.
Coffee is really an amazingly versatile and healthy ingredient regardless if it be consumed as a drink or applied topically. Keep in mind that its “awake” effect towards our body stays the same regardless of how you use it. So make sure to do these D.I.Y. beauty tips during the day or better yet early in the morning so that you can still have your sleep unbothered and your face radiantly beautiful all throughout the day.