Aloe Vera, Your Number One Natural Beauty Remedy
There are a lot of ways you can keep your whole body healthy and nurtured with just the help of a few ingredients that you can find right at the comforts of your own home. You will be amazed at how much help these “all-natural” organic ingredients can do wonders for your whole body. This includes your very own aloe vera as well.
All Hail the Aloe Vera Plant
Aloe vera is such a versatile and potent plant that it has so many health benefits that does not only cure but also prevents further health complications. Among its properties includes anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, vitamin and mineral enriched to name a few. In addition, this plant and its extract is so gentle that it can be used by anyone and everyone. Regardless of your skin type or skin issue, you can apply the aloe vera extract without fear of any possible adverse reactions.
If you think that aloe vera is just for keeping your hair healthy and preventing it from getting bald, then you are in for the surprise of your life. Aloe vera is not only for hair treatment but it also helps our whole body to maintain its fresh, natural and healthy status. If you have a couple of aloe vera’s just sitting at home, they you can try these tips and start your organic beauty and health regimen.
Collecting Aloe Vera
First things first, you need to collect and remove aloe vera extracts so that you can have a lot of supply when you do your daily routine. Follow these simple steps to help you collect these aloe vera extracts.
Choose the best and ripest aloe vera leaves.
- Select the aloe vera leaves that are thick, wide and plump when touched.
- Cut the leaves at the base of the plant and place it upright in a container in a tilted position.
- Leave the leaf in that position for 10 minutes. By doing this, the sap of the leaves will drain out on its own.
- When the sap drains out, you can now wash the leaves clean.
Start to extract the aloe vera
- After washing the leaves, place the leaf on a flat surface (like a cutting board). Carefully cut off the tips and sides of the leaves that has the thorns from top to bottom.
- Make sure that no thorns are left in the leaves.
- Remove the inner green layer from back to front of the leaves by cutting it lengthwise with a knife.
Use your spoon to scoop up your “reward”.
- Using a spoon scoop out the Aloe vera gel. This is the slimy, clear mucus-like inner gel that looks like a “solid gel”.
- Mash up the aloe vera extract and keep it stored in a cool and dry place.
- Now you are ready to use the extract for you home remedies.
Aloe Vera for Your Whole Body
Like what was previously mentioned, aloe vera is not only just for you hair. You can also use it for other parts of your body as well. You can even use this precious extract from head to toe. Here are some amazing ways you can use it.
Aloe vera works wonders for your face at the same time it can also help rejuvenate it altogether. Due to its flexibility, you can use aloe vera in many different ways. Here are some examples of useful, organic and homemade aloe vera treatments.
Use as a facial mask
Aloe vera can be used to treat dry, flaky and sensitive skin and help it become smooth and firm once again. In addition, aloe vera can be used for all types of skin it just depends on the other ingredients accompanying it. There are several versions of mask recipes that you can choose from. Try out some of these masks at home.
Coconut and lemon juice
- This particular combination is great for those with sensitive skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of aloe vera with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Clean your face before applying it all over your face. Make sure to avoid cuts, wounds and chapped skin (due to acidity of the lemon juice).
Avocado, Oats and honey
- The safest mask fit for all skin types.
- Using a ripe avocado, cut it into halves and scoop out its pulp. Mix it with oats, 1 teaspoon of honey and aloe vera until all the lump are gone and it forms a paste.
- Massage the mixture nicely on your face and neck and leave it for about 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off using lukewarm water.
Olive oil and almonds
- This mask is best used for dry, dull and aged skin.
- Crush your almonds until it turns to powder before mixing it with your aloe vera and olive oil. Add just enough amount of each ingredient until it forms a paste.
- Apply it on your face and neck and let it rest for 20 minutes before removing it with cold water (to lock in the moisture).
Yogurt, cucumber and rose water
- This mask is most effective for those with sensitive skin.
- Mix your aloe vera with some cucumber juice and plain yogurt and add three drops of rose water. Combine these ingredients until you are able to form a paste.
- Apply the solution to your face and wait for 15-20 minutes before you wash it off with cold water.
Mango and lime juice
- This mixture is a good choice if you want to detoxify your skin.
- Just mix your aloe vera with some mango pulp and a bit of lemon juice until you are able to form a thick paste with it.
- Rub the solution all over you face and neck for about 2-3 minutes them let it rest for another 20 minutes before you cleanse it off using cold water.
Natural make-up remover
Most of us have a hard time removing make-up even if we have already purchased fancy and expensive products for it. Aloe vera can help us with this dilemma of ours and can add soothing effect to our “raccoon eyes” at the same time.
All you need to do is to squeeze a dollop of your aloe vera gel to a cotton ball and use it to remove your make up. Not only will your skin feel refreshed and clean but it will also get its radiant low once again.
A natural face wash
Studies have shown that aloe vera has a natural antibacterial function that works well even for those with sensitive skin. In addition, aloe vera can also give you skin an anti-aging boost as well. Here are two great examples of homemade face washes.
- For and antibacterial effect: Mix 1 tablespoon of aloe vera with 1 teaspoon of almond milk and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Wash your face off and let sit for a few minutes before rinsing it off.
- For anti-aging boost effect: Combine 1 tablespoon of aloe vera with 1 teaspoon of organic coconut oil. Warm the mixture up by rubbing it on your hands before applying to your face.
Gel for your brows
If you are very fond of your brows and you think that they need a little help when it comes to care, then here are two remedies that you can safely use.
- Keep them strong: Using a clean mascara, dip it in aloe vera gel and sweep it over your brows. This will keep your brows in place without the feel of being sticky or hard.
- Let them grow: If you manage to over pluck your brows, then you can simply apply a mixture of one part aloe vera and one part castor oil on it. This will help your brows grow faster.
The great thing about using aloe vera is that it is very skin friendly that even if you have acne you can still use it. Aloe vera allows natural healing of these blemishes because of its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Just apply the aloe vera to the affected area and wait for your skin to absorb it.
Have oily skin or is your face acting up and getting all heavy and sticky due to the summer weather and you need to revitalize it? Then aloe vera is your best solution for this problem. Using aloe vera will allow your skin to become finer, softer, hydrated, enhance its elasticity and it absorbs much quicker as compared to other store bought moisturizers. Just simply apply your aloe vera extract as is and let your skin absorb it before rinsing it off.
Exfoliate the natural way
The problem with exfoliating is that some of those store bought solutions are too rough and toxic for our face that it can be an unpleasant facial regime to do. Using aloe vera does not just give you a rejuvenating result but it also offers a relaxing experience as well.
You just need to combine ½ a cup of aloe vera with just the right amount of brown sugar or baking soda to create a gritty (but not too sharp) feel of your end product. Rub it gently on your affected skin just before taking a shower.
Lip issues resolved
If you are troubled because of your lips being chapped, cracked, dry or even dark, then you can create your very own organic lip balm. Using aloe vera as your primary ingredient you can make your very own batch of lip balms right at the comforts of your very own home.
For dark colored lips:
Regularly apply aloe vera on your lips to lighten and soften them daily. Then once a week, apply a paste like mixture of aloe vera and 1 tablespoon of coarsely powdered rice. Rub this mixture on your lips for about 5 minutes using gentle circular motion before rinsing it off with cold water.
For dry and chapped lips:
First thing you need to do is to melt a tablespoon full of petroleum jelly using a double boiler. Once melted, mix it with 1 teaspoon of aloe vera and two drops of vitamin E oil extract from a capsule. Place it in a container similar to a lip balm shape and place it in the refrigerator to harden. Use this homemade lip balm anytime you desire.
Use as shaving cream
If you think that only women can benefit from aloe vera then think again. Men can also use this “precious gel” when they shave. It can be used as an aftershave due to its healing properties. All you have to do is apply the gel directly on your skin and let it be absorbed by it. Aloe vera can also be used as your very own homemade shaving cream as well. Here is a simple recipe that you can follow.
Place 1/3 cup aloe vera gel, ¼ castile soap or hand soap, 1 tablespoon almond oil, ¼ cup distilled water, 1 teaspoon vitamin E and 5 drops of eucalyptus oil in a foaming bowl or even it a clean soap pump dispenser. Shake the solution well first before using. It can be stored for as long as six months.
Majority of us likes keeping our hands clean anywhere we go but hate the sticky and stingy feel of our sanitizers. If so, you can try to make your very own hand sanitizer. Not only will it keep our hands clean, it will also help promote smoother skin that is well hydrated and elastic.
Just put in a spritzer bottle a mixture of ½ cup of aloe vera and 1/4 cup of alcohol and 20 drops of your choice of oil essence scent. Spray on your hands when needed.
Since aloe vera has antioxidants, antibacterial and antiviral properties, it is a very potent mouthwash that can help cure bad breath and gum issues. Here is a simple guide to your very own aloe vera mouth wash.
- Mouthwash remedy: Mix 1 cup of aloe vera with ½ cup of distilled water then add 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 10 drops of peppermint essential oils. Just make sure you don’t swallow it.
- Bad breath remedy: Combine ¼ cup aloe vera and dissolve it in ½ cup of water or apple juice. Drink it up but don’t consume too much because this will also act as a laxative.
Skin Problem Solver
Thanks to aloe vera’s antioxidants and vitamins, you can use it as an anti-aging product as well. Regular application of it can keep your skin well hydrated, elastic, smooth and healthy. It also stimulates your skin regeneration because of its polysaccharide content.
Combine 1 teaspoon of aloe vera with 1 teaspoon of oatmeal and ½ teaspoon of olive oil. Apply this mixture on your neck and face and let it rest for 30 minutes before rinsing it with cold water. Do this routine once a week.
Aids in skin problems
There are several skin problems that aloe vera can cure. This includes, cracked and dry feet, burns, wounds, insect bites and even skin pigmentation irregularities. Try out these health regimes for each problem.
Cracked and dry feet
Aloe vera helps your skin become rehydrated and elastic once again. Mixing ¼ cup aloe vera with ½ cup oatmeal and ½ cup of your favorite lotion will give you a product that you can apply on your feet ad make it soft and smooth once again.
Skin aliments (eczema, psoriasis, itching skin, etc.)
Aloe vera also has anti-allergic properties as well that can help alleviated more serious skin problems. Combine it with its anti-inflammatory factor and you have the perfect cure for these skin issues. Just apply your aloe vera gel directly on the affected part for 2 to 3 times each day.
Burns, wounds and insect bites
These skin problems can be cured by aloe vera due to its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic nature. Simply apply the aloe vera extract (which has been cooled in the refrigerator for 15 minutes) directly on the affected area. Do this for 2-3 times each day until these skin problems are cured.
Sunburn and stretch marks treatment
Wound healing is one of aloe vera’s pride and it works wonders as well. So potent of its healing properties, aloe vera can even aid in removing tough skin blemishes such as sunburn and stretch marks.
- For sunburns: Apply aloe vera gel directly on the affected area and allow it to dry without rinsing it off (it absorbs quickly). Alternate it with a mixture of 2 tablespoons of aloe vera and lemon juice form half of a lemon. Massage this mixture on the affected area and leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
- For stretch marks: Combine equal amounts of aloe vera gel and rose water and apply this on your stretch marks using circular, massaging motion for a couple of minutes. Let it stay on your skin for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off using cold water. Do this routine twice a day.
Helps in hair growth
By removing the dead skins on your clogged hair follicles, aloe vera will aid in faster and healthier hair regrowth. It also prevents hair loss and dandruff due to its healing and healthy properties.
Simply combine aloe vera with castor oil using a 2:1 ratio measurement. Gently apply it on your scalp using circular motion and leave it overnight. The following day, remove it by using a gentle shampoo. Do this twice a week.
Using aloe vera as an organic conditioner is a good way to avoid too much chemicals that can further damage your hair instead of treating it. If your hair texture is not fine, then you can freely use this leave on conditioner.
In a spritzer bottle, put an equal mix of aloe vera gel, olive oil and a few drops of vitamin E oil. Apply this leave on at the scalp and the ends of your hair before drying it. You will instantly feel your hair get softer and smoother.
Now You Know
Truly, this plant deserves its title of being the “plant of immortality”. Its healing properties have truly made a mark in health care and prevents our bodies from being further “unhealthy”. This miracle plant has been used since ancient times up until today and has still kept everyone using it satisfied and happy with its results. So try using aloe vera in your daily routine today and be ready for amazing results in the future.